1/10/2013

wanderlust


A couple of months ago we were living back in our hometown and trying to decide our next move. Adam was offered a teaching job in China, but we decided to move back to Albany so he could take a job in his field. It was a really hard decision.  I think it was the right choice, but I'm dying for some adventure and can't help but think of what might have been. We still have hopes to live out of the country eventually, but for now we're here. 

I try to cure my wanderlust by planning fictitious vacations on Pinterest and looking back at pictures of my India trip. I was so ready to leave India by the end of my month there, but now I'm wishing I could go back. If I could teleport myself there, and forego the 20 hour plane ride, I would in a second. Actually, if we're dreaming big I would probably pick another country: China, Laos, Ireland, or anywhere I haven't been (which leaves it wide open). 

Where would you go if money and long plane rides were no object? And incase you're feeling wanderlust-y too, some more of my India pictures:  





The Red Fort, Delhi 

John and some new friends.

Rag and I enjoying a couple morning coconuts. 

The laundry mat in Mumbai.

John, a cow, and a rickshaw. Typical.

The bridge in Rishikesh- near where the Beatles wrote the White Album!

Reading and enjoying the Ganges River.

A market. 
The guest house we stayed at on the Ganges. They had a mango grove and the best vegetarian food. 
Take me back! :) 

5 comments:

  1. WOW...those are some absolutely beautiful pictures!
    Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go to Thailand if I could forgo the long plain ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are AMAZING, i'm actually going there in a month and you got me all the more excited!! and i was the same way when i went to thailand- i couldn't wait to get out of there, but once i was home i missed it like crazy. we're so fickle hearted =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What parts did you go to? I'm starting in the South and don't really know what to visit outside of nature stuff. If you were down there, did you find anything historic or interesting?

      Delete
  4. Oh so many places.. Australia, South America, Africa.. the list could go on.. Russia..

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs