8/10/2012

a cartoon mirage

This sculpture in New Zealand makes my head spin. It is a metal structure that looks like a two dimensional piece of paper from far away. The artist is Neil Dawson, and the sculpture is titled 'Horizons'. It is four stories high, and over 100 feet long.




When you finally got to the cartoon mirage, you would see that its a three dimensional structure. 


Could you imagine standing at the bottom of this hill and looking up to see that?! I'm amazed. It looks like it was just drawn on the earth from some huge pencil in the sky.

via NPR

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Is that really what it looks like? Totally looks drawn in your picture ha! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sculpture is so cool. I can't believe it's even real! I'd love to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs