8/23/2012

WineStations

Last weekend our friend John was visiting and we went to a wine bar, Corks and More, in Ithaca that uses WineStations; have you heard of them? They are like vending machines, but for wine.


When you walk into the wine bar you are given a swipe card to load money onto, and a menu of all the wines they offer and what machine you can find them in. We walked around with our cards, inserted them into the machine, picked our wine, and chose between sip, half glass, and full glass.


John at a WineStation


I was so caught up in taking the above picture that I accidentally pressed the button twice, and paid for two half glasses of wine- which was more expensive than one full glass! Oops.


It was a lot of fun. I love that you can try sips of the wine. I always want to ask the bartender for one before choosing a glass, but I feel weird. I think it would have been more fun with a larger group. There were so many wines to try, and only three of us, but we tried.

Have you seen these before? Would you try them? Come to Ithaca and I'll join you :)

7 comments:

  1. I have never seen this before but I think it's genius!! I haven't been to our local wineries in a while but I'm secretly hoping they all add in these wine stations. I guarantee I'd go wine tasting more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, thanks so much for your sweet comment earlier this week. As I was writing that post, I realized it could apply to so much more than just business growth. And you're so right - embracing the space after graduation is so important. I hope you truly enjoy it!! :)

      Delete
  2. This is simply brilliant. If there isn't already one in Houston, I will open one and become a billionaire. If there is one, they will become a billionaire off my patronization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would have thought? That's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks amazing!! i have never heard of anything like this but it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rachel - I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful. A tear just came to my eye. Perhaps this is the business I'll open here in Phnom Penh!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs